Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
Winner of Westpac Innovative Business of Tomorrow 2018
No. 5 on Forbes Cloud 100 for 2018: Rising stars
Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
Make a genuine impact on the growth of Deputy and influence how processes are established as we scale internationally!
Homer Simpson has a philosophy that if something is hard to do, it’s not worth doing - to think this guy operates a nuclear power plant! At Deputy we have Homer’s face on our walls to remind us to keep things simple for our users. Are you passionate about creating joyful, simple user experiences? Love identifying user trends and needs? Problem-solving? If so, we’re looking for an highly-skilled Experience Designer to join our energetic and collaborative design team. You’ll be empowered by our end goal of improving the overall functionality and usability of our app. In other words, you’ll implement experiences which add great value to our users - millions of them - their working lives will get easier and way more fun!
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have 4+ years experience working as a User Experience Designer on mobile and web apps
- Utilise data in order to truly understand our users’ behaviours and frustrations
- Develop empathy for our users by talking and listening to them regularly
- Synthesise and identify common patterns from different customer research streams
- Assist with the creation of user profiles, epics and stories
- Create wireframes, site-maps, user flows and prototypes in order to effectively communicate design solutions
- Design delightful micro-interactions and beautiful, simple user interfaces
- Ensure your designs are inclusive and accessible to a wide range of users
- Continually iterate and improve designs based on usability testing, a/b testing and customer feedback
- Always strive to hone your craft and innovate by keeping up to date with the latest design trends, techniques and tools
- Have strong facilitation and collaboration skills in order to clearly articulate design solutions to stakeholders and peers
- Be adaptive to a fast-paced, flexible product development environment
- Thrive in a highly collaborative, energetic, open-minded team
You'll be skilled at:
- Using design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, InVision
- Using pen and paper to come up with design solutions
- Articulating design decisions and insights to stakeholders and coworkers
- Giving and receiving constructive criticism and feedback
- Hack Days
- Career Development
- Flexible Work
- Catered lunch
- Team Building Events
Want to know more?
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 80 countries, and across 245 different industries. We were #21 in Deloitte’s Fastest Growing Tech Startups 2018, winner of Westpac’s Innovative Business of Tomorrow 2018, and #5 in Forbes’ Cloud 100 2018. And we’re only just getting started.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out these videos: Deputy Explained, #DeputyDays
Check out why our employees and customers love us: Jess (Sales) Hannah (UX/UI Design), Louis (Head of Mobile), GetApp and G2Crowd.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now