The purpose of the Head of Social is to drive overall social strategy and growth across the company by first conducting in depth quantitative analysis, and executing that strategy creatively through our various social channels.
They will drive innovation across social platforms, and adapt rapidly to the ever changing state of play (new features, algo changes, new platforms).
What key responsibilities does this job have at Showpo?
- Build and execute social media strategy through insights developed by doing quantitative analysis of our social channels
- Determining the social channel mix - which channels, what content types on each channel, frequency, timing, etc.
- Prepare detailed reporting, demonstrating critical analysis of channel performance and using this reporting to improve on current performance (i.e. growing engagement, followers and driving sales)
- Analyse and understand how engagement algorithms works for different social media platforms, optimise content for them, analysing the success of them and running experiments to test hypothesis on algorithm changes
- Ensuring messaging & creative are native to each platform, while still supporting our broader brand strategy
- Understanding the relationship between social media and traffic/revenue
- Working with the brand team to drive influencer activity and grow social following
- Propose and execute new ideas, run tests, innovate, make mistakes, and learn
- Have a good understanding of paid social channels, the interaction between organic and paid social, and able to provide recommendations on paid media spend for social
- Owning, reporting on, and tracking expenditure (e.g. models, props, competitions) and social media budgets
- Keeping on top of and exploiting new features, trends and and the latest technologies and practices available across the various social platforms to ensure Showpo is at the forefront in our field
- Ensuring full integration between organic social channels and broader company marketing campaigns and other initiatives
- Managing our social media coordinators and social media intern activities and developing our social media internship program, including the process of creating & sourcing lifestyle content
- Understanding the impact and significance of social media on revenue and using social media drives sales
Qualities we look for:
- Minimum 4 years experience in social media marketing (with quantitative experience) or as a social analyst
- Proven in depth quantitative and analytical skills
- Excel/Google Spreadsheet guru
- Experience in managing and developing a team
- Proven ability to drive sales through social channels (mainly Instagram & Facebook)
- Understanding of all existing channels Showpo is across (Instagram, FB, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, Snapchat) and the ability to quickly learn and understand new channels and features
- Experience in eCommerce/pure-play online business
- Proven high level analytical skills and experience using social analytics tools
- Skilled in using a digital camera and iphone including editing and using filters
- Excellent communication and organisation. You will be great at time management and managing expectations.
- 50% staff discounts
- Fortnightly pay
- Breakfast bar (healthy or fat AF selections)
- Opportunity to be part of a rapid international expansion
- Personal growth and learning opportunities
- Work closely with award winning people in an award winning business.
Showpo has recently won:
- Power Retail’s 2018 “Top Social Retailer”
- ORIAS 2017 & 2018 “Best Social Commerce Initiative”
- Online Digital Circle’s 2017 “Most engaged brand on Facebook”
- ORIAs 2018 “Online Retailer of the Year”