Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
Winner of Westpac Innovative Business of Tomorrow 2018
No. 5 on Forbes Cloud 100 for 2018: Rising stars
Deloitte's #21 Fastest Growing Technology Startups in Aus 2018
Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
Make a genuine impact on the growth of Deputy and influence how processes are established as we scale internationally!
Due to Deputy's success and growth around the world, we're seeking a Head of Security to ensure we keep growing into an extraordinary team delivering more of what our customers love. Securing our data and intellectual property is critical to executing our mission. In this role, you will lead all aspects of information and application security for Deputy, relentlessly protecting our business, clients, and stakeholders. As we continue to grow you will build out a team to ensure that security always remains a top priority. This is an amazing opportunity for you to be at the forefront of creating a world-class product.
What you will do
- Firstly, you will be a beacon of courage and protection to the people of Deputy and lead by example to shape a brave, dependable, trustworthy system.
- You will define and drive an information security roadmap to support Deputy’s business goals.
- Be an expert in SaaS security, security incident response, privacy, and compliance strategy.
- Develop, maintain and publish up-to-date information security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Educate our employees on company security policies and best practices.
- Work in unison with our development and product disciplines to ensure security is always a first-class citizen.
- Continuously find ways of being a better, more secure and dependable organization.
- Establish key measurements on how secure our company and products are and use those measurements to ensure we are at our best.
- Consistently question the value of what we are doing and why we are doing it. Is this the right thing for Deputy?
- You will communicate exceptionally well and help the whole company buy into the vision of the security of Deputy and our products.
- You have a passion for technology keeping abreast of where the rest of the world is headed.
How you will do it
- You have the utmost integrity, be open and honest, collaborative in nature, have a growth mindset and not be afraid to speak your mind when it is in the best interest of Deputy and its customers.
- You're more interested in being a leader than a manager. You pride yourself in establishing security as a forethought and constant presence in what you do.
- You're balanced, both personally and professionally, who acts with good humour and positivity.
What you will need
- 5+ years security, privacy, and risk management with leading technology companies.
- A track record of owning the security function for a fast-growing company.
- Experience influencing business leaders and stakeholders, helping them understand security risks as they pertain to business strategy and practices.
- Experience managing cybersecurity incident response, disaster recovery and business continuity planning, information privacy, security operations centers and security architecture.
- Experience developing processes and protocols around embedding security, privacy, and compliance into a company’s development process.
- CISSP, GSEC, CCSP, GIAS, CEH or OCSP certifications are strongly preferred.
- Experience working with large-scale cloud-based environments – AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- Hack Days
- Career Development
- Flexible Work
- Catered lunch
- Team Building Events
Want to know more?
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 80 countries, and across 245 different industries. We were #21 in Deloitte’s Fastest Growing Tech Startups 2018, winner of Westpac’s Innovative Business of Tomorrow 2018, and #5 in Forbes’ Cloud 100 2018. And we’re only just getting started.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out these videos: Deputy Explained, #DeputyDays
Check out why our employees and customers love us: Jess (Sales) Hannah (UX/UI Design), Louis (Head of Mobile), GetApp and G2Crowd.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now