We’re all about making life easier here at Koala and we’re on the search for a People Geek who makes bringing the best out in our teams and setting them up for success, just as easy!
What you could get up to day-to-day:
- Recruiting the right people, for the right roles to support our growth
- Supporting our leaders coach their teams for improvement
- Coming up with genius learning and development hacks that grow our people
- Developing and embedding back-to-basics people practices that drive ownership and accountability
- Putting out ‘people related spot fires’ - we’re not going to lie, it happens but also…
- Developing pro-active people initiatives that encourage and empower our team to do what’s right by our customers and our brand so those fires take care of themselves!
In short, this role will be responsible for helping us find, develop, motivate and retain a stellar team who are as fanatical about our mission as we are about a good night’s sleep! And by doing so, fostering a culture (fancy word for the way we do things around here at Koala) that is unique to our brand and makes working with us genuinely fun and rewarding.
Working with the executive and leadership teams, this role will own all People and Culture related activities important to drive an awesome employee experience.
- Develop an easy to follow and achievable People Plan that supports Koala’s mission;
- Execute the plan, monitoring its progress and measuring its success;
- Provide hands-on coaching to managers that lifts their own capability to continuously improve and sustain the performance of their team;
- Navigate, advise and help to resolve people related performance issues;
- Work in partnership with the leadership team to identify the people implications of strategic and business plans and effectively communicate and implement change;
- Come up with creative initiatives that engage our team and ensure Koala is the place to work;
- Provide senior level HR advice and interpretation of people policies and employment legislation that achieves commercial outcomes, adds value and manages risk effectively;
- Facilitate learning and development across the business to constantly raise the bar on our internal skillset;
- Put in place talent strategies to proactively build a pipeline of internal and external talent and succession plan for the future growth of the business; and
- Other generalist HR duties including contract generation, HR admin, payroll, HR analytics to guide decision making etc.
Who are we looking for?
We pride ourselves on doing things that matter and adding meaningful value to our customers’ everyday lives. So it’s only natural that we are looking for a HR professional who does the same for our team.
We’re after someone who challenges themselves to constantly work smarter and not just do things for the sake of doing them but instead, questions why and how it can enhance the lives of our team to truly help them become better in what they do.
Other qualities and skills to be successful in landing this role are:
- 5+ years in a generalist HR Manager or lead role with solid ER experience;
- Hands-on experience across the employee life-cycle;
- Strong commercial capability ensuring people initiatives result in a positive return for the business;
- A love for customers and teams to create an awesome employee experience for our people;
- Demonstrated initiative and ideas to continually make things better as well as the determination to follow-through and make them happen;
- Super personable, fun, energetic and always approachable;
- Easy-going approach where nothing is too much trouble;
- A positive mindset, confidence and the agility to manage multiple priorities and influence stakeholders to make things happen;
- Flexibility to move from the necessary day to day activity in a HR generalist role as well as project work to meet business wide priorities;
- Can handle MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint like a pro and could bring some other tools to the table to improve what we do;
If the above basically reads as your bio and you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
Please include in your application, a short but sweet intro that gives us insight into who you are and what makes you get out of bed in the mornings (after an awesome night’s sleep on a Koala mattress obvs) and your most memorable people project or idea you’ve initiated that you’re proud as punch about!