To help navigate our next stage of growth, Rokt is adding a Chief Technology Officer to our executive management team. This is a critical role that will be responsible for providing technical leadership and direction for the engineering team, and organisation more broadly. Reporting to the Chief Product and Engineering Officer (CPEO), the CTO will be a key member of the Executive Management team and also contribute to the overall direction and management of the company.
The CTO will have primary responsibility for maintaining Rokt’s technology strategy, vision and platform architecture to support innovation as well as a scalable, robust and secure platform. The role will require a hands on approach to problem solving, technical design and code review when required to ensure we deliver quality outcomes in an agile fashion.
The CTO will continue to build a culture of technical excellence within the engineering team as well as mature our engineering processes and capabilities. A leader and mentor, the CTO will also inspire the engineering team more broadly, and directly manage engineers who wish to pursue a technical career path (and potentially additional engineering teams). The CTO will also work closely with the CPEO, executive team, software development managers and product leads to efficiently design, develop and implement quality solutions.
Success will be achieved through technical leadership and outcomes required to support the Rokt’s growth, business and client needs, as well as inspiring the engineering team.
We're looking for an outstanding technologist with exceptional (technical) leadership skills and a broad range of experience in at least two coding languages, large scale transaction processing platforms, cloud based infrastructure and agile development practices.
- Define and maintain the platform’s technology strategy and vision, to serve the business’ needs
- Build and maintain a technical architecture to provide a scalable, robust and secure platform, while supporting innovation and rapid prototyping to meet business and client needs
- Collaborate with software development managers, technical leads, product managers and CPEO to solve business and client problems with smart, effective technical solutions
- Take a hands on role in identifying and resolving issues quickly, including reviewing code and solution designs to identify shortfalls and improve outcomes.
- Continue to mature engineering processes and capabilities in areas including planning, design, development, testing, security and devops
- Build a culture of technical excellence and continuous improvement within the engineering team
- Directly manage engineers who wish to pursue a technical career path (and potentially additional teams lead by software engineering managers / tech leads)
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and coaching for the broader Engineering team
- Support the engineering managers and technical leads in recruiting strong technologists
- Support the Product managers and teams in making strategic choices about the appropriate technology approach to take when developing new products
- Contribute to the strategic direction and operational management of Rokt as a member of the Executive Team
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in computer science / engineering (or equivalent)
- 10+ yrs relevant experience, with relevant experience in:
- Large scale transaction processing applications with distributed architectures
- Technical solution design and architecture
- Cloud based infrastructure and services (preferably AWS)
- Agile methodologies like scrum, lean and continuous delivery.
- Excellent technical skills with high quality standards coupled with a bias for action and outcomes
- Strong (technical) communication, collaboration, mentoring and leadership skills
- Self driven entrepreneurial spirit, with can-do attitude and a fun personality
- Entrepreneurship, Sense of Urgency: Candidate will possess a high energy level which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self confidence to be assertive when taking a position, not afraid to make decisions.
- Work ethic: Candidate can reject setbacks and enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved. The successful candidate will be resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges in a timely matter.
- Communicative: Keeps others in the company informed and up to date on his/her priorities, current tasks and work completed. Encourages constructive criticism of his or her work
- Image and presence: Candidate will have significant exposure to customers and industry partners alike. As such, he or she must project the professional image of the company both internally and externally.
- Accountability: Candidate should be a results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and product initiatives.
- Problem solver: Candidate should be a strong, analytical problem solver with a common sense and practical solutions orientation.
- Customer Orientation: Candidate will demonstrate passionate commitment to the customer and to product quality. Champions the product and the customer's needs and implements a model of continuous improvement in both company goals and project-related task.
- Competitive Salary
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Company gathering and celebration 4 times a year
- Staff awards program
- Generous staff referral program
- Job-related training in-house and support for external training applications/contributions
- Staff Share Scheme which means all employees have a financial stake in the business