Founded in 2008, Airbnb is a global travel community that offers magical end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetise their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace offers access to millions of places to stay in more than 191 countries, from apartments and villas to castles, treehouses and B&Bs. With Experiences, people can see a different side to a destination through unique, handcrafted activities run by locals. All of this is brought together in one easy-to-use and beautifully designed website and app.
The Homes Operations team at Airbnb includes a talented portfolio of Market Managers that focus on specific regions across the globe. The Market Manager will focus on the overall supply health of the major domestic markets in Australia and New Zealand. This role has the critical responsibility of ensuring that high-quality listings span their area of focus. They will further develop our host network and accelerate the growth of our supply in the market.
- Ownership of overall supply health in a competitive market and/or segment
- Responsible for setting, executing, and iterating on targeted in-market supply acquisition strategies
- Drive scalable and attributable levers to reach objectives and key results
- Communicate key learnings to the wider territory and regional team
Acquisition and Account Management
- Targeted acquisition of new hosts and homes
- Account management of professional hosts to improve business performance and host quality
- Coordination with Market Coordinator team for account management support
- Devise and scale acquisition and quality control programs
Strategic Market Development
- Identify key barriers/levers that can have significant impact on market and work to address with proper stakeholders or cross functional teams
- Establish partnerships or agreements with key local influencers who can drive supply
- 5+ years professional experience in a fast paced environment
- Analytical abilities to identify high-impact opportunities and objectively evaluate projects
- Experience working cross-functionally with public policy and marketing teams
- Can represent the Airbnb tone and brand in public-facing communications
- Proven track record as a self-starter who can execute in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Local Knowledge - you must have solid operating experience in Australia and New Zealand
- Passion for Airbnb, travel, and the sharing economy. Being a host on Airbnb is a plus!